Fondant cake


First I would like to thank my best friend Anusua chatterjee (anu) for teaching me the basic lessons of fondant decorations.You can find beautiful and amazing cakes on her fb page @chatterjee.cakes.

This is a two tiered chocolate cake with chocolate frosting covered with purple and pink fondant.The fondant I used here is a store bought one that is available for purchase at Baking stores, large grocery shops. You can also order it online from any Ecommerce websites or cake decorating suppliers.I had posted chocolate cake recipe which you can view in this link http://safnascookbook.blogspot.in/2015/02/chocolate-truffle-cake.html

 Next step is to cover this chocolate cake with purple fondant.I had used purple color sugar paste or you can mix purple gel color in white sugar paste and knead it into your fondant.


Knead the sugar paste until soft.Dust the fondant mat with cornstarch often to prevent sticking as you are kneading and rolling.Use fondant rolling pin to roll out evenly at the perfect thickness.
Cut out the excess fondant with cutter and smooth out using your hands or smoother.Pull the fondant out from the cake when we smooth it down.Place the second cake on top of this and repeat the steps.
For decorations use tylose powder with sugar paste to dry faster.There are many fondant tools such as crimpers, imprint mats, sculpting tools that makes our work easier.


Comments

  1. mouth watering cakes. for any raw materials to prepare cake one my friend runs a good cake shop in santa cruz. if need tell me i can provide her details

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing the information.

      I will definitely let you know if I need her help.

      Delete
  2. try other flavours in eggless cake

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tangy Chicken Curry

Bhatura & Chicken Dry Fry